Presbyterian Women (PW) is an independent organization within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of more than 300,000 women. The programming and resource options for the organization offer a variety of ways for women to live out their faith in an inclusive, caring community. PW groups can choose to support the PW Purpose in any way, so PW groups may look very different from one church to the next . . . or even one circle to the next within the same congregation!
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace,
- and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God's kingdom.
Highlights of our local PW include:
- Sponsorship of monthly Fellowship Luncheons
- Nut/candy sales to raise money for local missions
- Angel Tree project to gift local children at Christmas
- Provide scholarship opportunities
- Spiritual fellowship through monthly Bible study
- Decorating of the church
For more information contact the church office at 252-393-8462 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN GENERAL MEETING - SEPTEMBER 11
**On Monday September 11, the Presbyterian Women begin a new season of Fellowship, Missions and Study of The Word. On that night, we gather at 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall for a dinner and General Meeting. Our menu is Lasagna, Salad, Bread, Beverage and Dessert. This is our invitation to ALL women, and we want to know if you plan to come by September 3. A sign-up sheet is in the Narthex. In addition, we must order our Horizon study books, so please let Cynthia De Fusco know if you want to have one by August 29 (email@example.com), text or call 252-240-9962. Our study this year is Cloud of Witnesses: The Community of Christ in Hebrews. The cost for the study guide is $9.00. Our Circle meetings begin in October and continue through June, always on the first Monday at 7:00 pm, in Fellowship Hall.
Please join us, even if you cannot plan to be at our Circle every month... We would love to see you.